Sunday, July 19, 2009

Jesus, Bring The Rain

Tonight I am thinking about the things God puts in our lives. Particularly, the obstacles he puts in front of us. A couple of years ago, I thought I'd seen it all. I thought the worst was behind me. The bad decisions, the horrible people, all the pain I had experienced... I thought it couldn't get any worse and that I had defintely seen more than most in our country. But little did I know that it would only get worse. And that even though I had overcome the obstacles that I knew would take years to forget/forgive, there was an obstacle to come that I would never recover from. And there have been unbelievable blessings in between. BIG blessings. I have an amazing daughter who could not be more perfect and a husband who people tell me religiously to be thankful for. And I am.
I thank God every day for what I have and what my family has. And I never blame him for what we don't have. I don't ask him why he has put people with such awful habits and addictions in my life... people I can never get rid of, nor would I want to. I don't ask him why my brother had to die or why I have been through so much in life. Yes, I think about these things. Obviously, I think about them. I type them out on my blog because I think about them so strongly some days. But simply put, they're not "God" things in the fact that they're in the past. And God doesn't deal so much with the past. He deals with the present and the future in my opinion. And as far as the present and future are concerned, I can only ask that God heal these wounds I have and save these people in my life. I can only ask that he keep my family and I safe and not allow these obstacles that are so intertwined in our lives to bring us down. And he comes through. Every time.
"I can count a million times, people asking me how I can praise you with all that I've gone through. The question just amazes me. Could circumstances possibly change who I forever am in you?"
"So I pray.... Bring me joy, bring me peace, bring the chance to be free. Bring me anything that brings you glory. And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain. But if that's what it takes to praise you, Jesus bring the rain." Bring The Rain, Mercy Me

1 comment:

  1. Melissa,
    That is one of my favorite songs! Everytime I hear it, it brings me to my knees. It was sung at our rally this week and I felt totally overwhelmed with His love. I promise to keep you at the top of my prayer list. Prayers for God's love to cover you and His healing arms to embrace you. Please know that you are loved and that you are so very special just the way you are!!!! Hugs, Stacey

    ReplyDelete