Saturday, March 6, 2010

The red head is driving the blonde crazy...

Heavy, heavy sighs... That is what you would hear coming out of my mouth if you were sitting next to me at my kitchen table. My sweet red head is approaching a new age and with it comes a whole new level of frustrating behaviors. Abbie is wonderfully independent and yet still very much a baby. She exercises that independence and, at the same time, clings to me so hard that I want to pull my hair out. Today has been a particularly hair-pulling day.
I wish I could count how many times Abbie has decided a crayon belonged on the walls or furniture in the last 48 hours. And I wish I could say that she DIDN'T add a little painted art to the crayola wall creations this afternoon. But no, I feel like I've been bent over all day cleaning off something from our light-colored walls.
And alas, I learn more as a mother as she grows more. I'm realizing, at this particular stage, how important organization of her space is. And how every part of her house needs a defined purpose. And that I have to let a lot of things go on a daily basis. And, last but not least, why valium is so popular. ;)
Have a great day,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment