Friday, May 22, 2009

Abbie's First Night Away From Home

Tonight is a milestone for our family. It is Abbie's first night away from home. She is staying with my Mother-in-law, Sister-in-law, and her baby cousin. I have to say, I think I am doing pretty good (although I having to remind myself that she is not asleep in her room upstairs). I thought I was going to feel WAY out of my element, considering Abbie is 2 years old and we have only ever spent 4 nights apart from each other. But she has still always been at home. This is the first time she has ever slept away from home without Jeremy or I. One time, when she was a newborn, we did stay at his grandparents' house overnight. And she slept in the bed with us. But other than that, she's never stayed the night anywhere but her own bed. However, she adapts very easy. And from what I can tell, she doesn't even miss me. Lol. It might be nice to get up in the morning and actually get some things done. But I'm sure it will be weird too...

No comments:

Post a Comment