Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ah, the joys of motherhood...

So I blogged (well, wrote in Microsoft Word) last night about our day before I actually created my blog (today). Firs of all, I am SO excited that I get to spend 4 whole days out of the week with Abbie! This is huge for us since I am always in class or working. She is usually in daycare 5 long days a week. But for this summer, it's just the two of us Saturday-Tuesday. Then she goes to daycare so I can work and get things done Wed-Fri. This was our first week at home and we had SO much fun. Here is a recap of yesterday for your amusement:

· Abbie peed in the floor- again. But this time she did not tell me about it like she usually does. Instead, grand mommy stepped in it.
· Abbie put on training pants for the first time ever. It did not bother her when they were “cool”. So she just wet them like she usually would and did not tell me they were wet. And she called them diapers, even though I kept telling her they were big girl underpants.
· Abbie and I went outside to play with the dogs. Abbie tried to chew on their nasty, muddy chew toys.
· Abbie and I went to the store and she stayed buckled in the big girl cart the WHOLE time. Yes, she wiggled her arms out and screamed half the time. But she stayed and without too much incident. In fact, it was a really good trip for us.
· Abbie pulled my hand (A LOT) and told me “ets-go, mama”. This is her new favorite thing to do. It is not my new favorite thing for her to do, especially since it always come JUST as I sit down. “No mama, get up. Get up couch, mama. No sit down. No rock, mama. Get up. Ets-go, mama” Sigh.
· We had a great day. Yesterday we had a wonderful day with daddy. We went to the park and played all morning. We visited the library and got Abbie some great books. I can’t wait to go back now that we have memberships (Jeremy’s idea, thank you very much!). Today was much calmer, but still good. Tonight, we danced a little bit (or rather I spun Abbie around and she giggled then said “ ‘Gin, mama’). We had chef Boyardee and turkey hot dogs for dinner, so I didn’t have to cook. (I did put green beans in her ravioli, in my defense!) So that was our day, in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment