Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Abbie's First Day at The Zoo!!! :) :)

Today was Abbie's FIRST EVER TRIP TO THE ZOO!!! Can you tell that I'm a little bit excited? Lol. Yes, it has taken us awhile to "get around" to taking her just because Jeremy and I work such opposite and crazy hours. But I am so glad we did- and I'm SO glad we were the first ones to take her. Abbie goes to in home daycare, and her DC provider was actually going to take them on 2 occasions over the last year. But because of weather (both times, I think!), they did not go. I was SO relieved. I remember wanting to get out of school commitments the first time because I did NOT want her to go the first time without me! Silly, I know, but it's one of those things where I really wanted to be there to see the looks on her face for the first time.
Anyway, we had SO much fun. Our favorite part was defintely the monkeys, a specific little family in fact. I cannot remember their names right now- bongos?- but I have to say their behinds were HUGE! (Well, at least ONE of their behinds-the other 2 were not so large). I could not get over it! It was like she had the world's biggest hemmroids! Lol. That may be TMI, but if you've been to the FW Zoo lately, you've got to know the one(s) I'm talking about!
Anyway, we went inside to the area where you can view the monkeys up close and personal through the glass. And here is this family- A mama, a daddy, and a baby. I told Jeremy you could tell which one was which. The monkey with the biggest hemmroid hiney and sagging breasts was obviously the mommy. (She was chasing baby, too). The baby was the little one that was jumping off the walls! Seriously, he was swinging from the grates in the ceiling and doing all kinds of tricks! It was hilarious! And of course, daddy was obviously the big one in the corner just eating lunch and keeping to himself.
At one point, the baby actually swung down the little rope and flung himself RIGHT into the glass where Abbie was standing! She freaked out a little bit, but recovered quickly after we told her that the monkey couldn't get to her. It was defintely the highlight of my day. We saw most everything, except for the final exhibits of crocodiles and alligators I think. By that time, it was way past naptime and very hot outside. We topped it off with some Bluebell ice cream and called it a day. We avoided major meltdowns and had a great time as a family. All in all, it was a great success.
I will post pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment