Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Great Bedtime

Tonight, as I pulled Abbie out of the bath and dried her off, she jumped into my arms. She loves to cuddle when she gets out of the bath. So I hugged her, cradled, her and rocked her there on the floor. She looked at me, smiled, and said "Mama, you have your baby in your arms" :D My heart just about burst. I smiled and said "Yes, I do. You're my baby." Of course, then she went into a joke about how I was a baby. Lol.
Then we read our bedtime prayer book. The book talks about how everything calms down at night (the sun, the flowers, the trees, the dogs, the cats, mommy and daddy) and goes to sleep to get ready for the next day. The end of each page reads "Night, night ____" And she started kissing the pictures good night on each page and saying "night, night sun. Night, night birds. Night, night doggie" After we were done, she gave me a BIG hug and kiss and told me night night. I am so in love with that little girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment