Monday, August 3, 2009

Is it okay to pray for them to pass out?

I took Abbie swimming this morning with the hopes that I would get to enjoy a productive nap time. I was going to clean house, send emails, pay some bills, and even get some work done. Wanna know what I'm doing? Blogging. Because I'm trapped in my bedroom being a comfort to my 2 year old who is in my floor, curling up on a pillow and watching Elmo, still fighting sleep like she has been for the last hour and a half. The fact that she passed out in the car on the way home and then was allowed a leisurely 20 minute nap (thank you very much, Starbucks drive through! :S) does not help because it just gave her fuel to stay awake longer once she got home. Sigh. I have put her in her bedroom about 6 times, but she keeps getting out. I have put her in bed with me. I have put her in the pallet in the floor. She's got pillows, soft blankets, stuffed animals, and even Elmo. And yet I'm sitting here, not getting anything accomplished. Maybe I'll do some online shopping. That's productive, right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment