Monday, August 10, 2009

Our Antics For The Day

Maybe it is just red headed children. Or maybe it is just 2 year olds. But I feel that my toddler is equal to about six children. Seriously, if you added 5 more in there, I don't think I'd know the difference. That is what has been on my mind all day.
We woke up this morning. I had gone to bed around 1 or later and was not ready when Abbie came strolling in my room by 7. So I tried to keep her entertained with toys, breakfast, etc. while I shut my eyes for a few more minutes. But then we had to get up and going. We had lots to do. I threw some cereal in a cup (mobile breakfast is great!). By the time we got out the door, Abbie had claimed the cup and my breakfast was apparently over. Just as I had everything in my arms and ready to get to the car, Abbie spills the cup. Naturally. I drop everything and go to sweep it up. Of course, I reminded her that we don't pick it up and put it back in the cup. But I think she snuck a few bites back in there b/c the last bite I took had one of my hairs in it. EEEW.
We get out the door. I don't remember what all she did, but by the time we got from the house to the car, I already felt frazzled. I was catching newspapers that she was trying to let the wind blow away, putting bows back in her hair, and I don't even remember what else. And we were only parked 10 feet away. The song You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Adkins (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0QCCNCkvzI)was playing on the radio as let out one of my many heavy sighs of the day and put the keys in the engine. I had to smile. Lesson remembered, thank you.
We had almost made it down the street before the rest of the cup of cereal was in her car seat.
We ran errands for an hour or 2, stopped by a girlfriend's house, and came home for lunch. Pretty uneventful. Except that when I went to get my haircut, Abbie tried to put the 10 foot mirror down on her head and had to sit under a dryer with me. (which she naturally tried to put up and down about 16 times even though I told her to keep her hands in her lap) Lol.
At one point today, I found her sitting on TOP of my dining room table with a bottle of glass cleaner. Spraying it in her hair. "I do my hair," she told me as she ran the glass cleaner through her red curls. Uuugh, child, can I leave you alone for three seconds? Nope. So out the door we went again, glass cleaner hair and everything.
We did get a lot of shopping done today. And despite the fact that my rule is that you pick a place to sit and stay there, Abbie still managed to get in, out, and all over the grocery carts about 19 times each. And run up and down the aisles of nearly every place we went. And hide in the clothes sections. And of course, she had to try and unwrap some candies in the check out aisle as I was loading our groceries onto the check out counter. At least I did not find her trying to chew through the package of rolos again. We've been there before.
Yes, 2 year olds are a handfull. I don't have to tell anybody that. But of course, she constantly makes me smile with all her antics. Like when she jumped up from playing with her trains tonight and ran to get a bandaid from the bathroom... for the train engine. lol. Of course I had to know what happened to the poor train engine. She explained that he bumped into the floor and was in serious medical need. Whew, I thought, what a relief that all he needed was a bandaid. I can't imagine how much it would have cost to have a careflight helicoptor land in our driveway if something serious had happened. Like if he'd lost a wheel. And of course, then Abbie needed a bandaid. For the owie that she got 5 weeks ago. The same one that healed 4 weeks ago. I'm hoping by the time she's 12 we won't have to bandage it up on a regular basis anymore.

So that's our antics for the day in a nutshell. Of course there were many more in between, but I've rambled enough. Have a good night and remember- if you need a babysitter for your whole brood and you're in our neighborhood, just bring em on over. I promise it won't feel any different. ;)
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment